Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that will impress your guests? Look no further than Prosciutto-Wrapped Honey Lemon Shrimp! This tasty appetizer is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, with its combination of sweet and savory flavors.
How to Make Prosciutto-Wrapped Honey Lemon Shrimp
Fresh shrimp is tossed with a mouthwatering honey lemon and herb sauce, wrapped in a thin slice of prosciutto and broiled until perfectly cooked!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 5 minutes|
|Total Time: 20 minutes||Calories: 198|
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tails on is preferred (24 ct)
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- If using frozen shrimp, make sure they’re thawed first, then pat dry. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, top with an oven safe cooling rack that’s been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, parsley, paprika and pepper, whisking to combine well. Add shrimp to bowl and toss gently to coat. Preheat broiler to HIGH and position rack so the food will be approximately 5 inches from the heat.
- Slice prosciutto slices in half across, then in half lengthwise, so each slice has 4 pieces. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around shrimp, securing with a toothpick. Place shrimp on prepared pan and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Broil 5-6 minutes, turning shrimp over once about 2-3 minutes in, until shrimp is cooked through and prosciutto is crisp.
Calories: 198 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 295mg | Sodium: 975mg | Potassium: 118mg | Sugar: 6g | Fiber: 0g | Vitamin A: 1.2% | Vitamin C: 8% | Calcium: 16.4% | Iron: 13.7%
Chef Tips to Make Delicious Prosciutto-Wrapped Honey Lemon Shrimp
- Prosciutto can be omitted, which lowers the point value to 2 smart points per serving.
- If desired, shrimp can be garnished with additional minced parsley and lemon zest.