If you’re a chicken lover, you know that there are countless ways to cook chicken. But have you tried making baked crack chicken breasts? This popular recipe is a crowd-pleaser that’s loved for its tender, juicy chicken and flavorful seasoning.
Crack chicken is a type of chicken dish that gets its name from the addictive quality of its seasoning blend. Made with a combination of ranch seasoning, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon, it’s no surprise that this dish is a favorite among many.
But how do you make the perfect baked crack chicken breasts? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’ll share a step-by-step guide on how to make this dish from start to finish.
First, we’ll talk about the ingredients you’ll need and how to prepare them. Then, we’ll cover the cooking process and share some tips to ensure your chicken comes out perfectly every time.
Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and will quickly become a staple in your meal rotation. So grab your apron and let’s get started on making the perfect baked crack chicken breasts!
|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 20 mins||Total Time: 30 mins||Servings: 4 serves|
Ingredients of Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (1-pound, total) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to a ¼-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, white or yellow – I use a little of both
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
Instructions to Make a Perfect Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Don’t discard bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a ¼-inch to ½-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if the skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 2 more minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet and arrange them in the previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. See notes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the diced bacon and add on top of the cream cheese over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe’s Notes
- You can substitute the garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives with 1 Tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning mix.
- Keep leftovers tightly covered and store them in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Nutrition of Baked Crack Chicken Breasts
Serving: 5 ounces | Calories: 524 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Protein: 37 g | Fat: 40 g | Saturated Fat: 18 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g | Trans Fat: 0.2 g | Cholesterol: 161 mg | Sodium: 668 mg | Potassium: 585 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 1347 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 244 mg | Iron: 1 mg | Net Carbs: 4 g