Are you tired of spending hours in the kitchen, preparing meals for your family? Look no further than this one-pan chicken burrito bowl recipe. This dish is not only quick and easy to make but it’s also packed with flavor and nutrition.
Why This Recipe Works
This one-pan chicken burrito bowl recipe is the perfect solution for busy weeknights. Not only does it take only 30 minutes to make, but it’s also a well-balanced meal that is packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients.
The use of boneless, skinless chicken breasts makes this recipe lean and healthy. Cubing the chicken ensures that it cooks evenly and quickly. Tossing the chicken with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper gives it a bold and delicious flavor.
Roasting the chicken and vegetables together on a sheet pan is a great way to save time and energy. The high heat of the oven allows the ingredients to cook quickly and evenly, and the charred edges give them a delicious smoky flavor.
Combining the cooked rice, black beans, and corn with the roasted chicken and vegetables creates a hearty and filling meal. The addition of lime juice and fresh cilantro gives the dish a bright and refreshing flavor.
How to Make One-Pan Chicken Burrito Bowl
One-Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe – tender chunks of chicken, homemade Mexican rice, and seasoned black beans loaded with your favorite burrito bowl toppings.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Calories: 373 kcal
Keyword: Burrito Bowl Recipe, Chicken Burrito Bowl, One Pot Chicken[/one_fourth_last]
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 cup extra-long grain rice uncooked
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup colby jack cheese monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and pepper
- freshly diced tomatoes
- diced green onions
- sour cream
- Start by sautéing onions in olive oil, then browning the chicken. The chicken doesn’t need to cook through completely at this point, it will continue cooking later.
- Once the chicken has browned, push the chicken over to one side of the pan and add another tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the uncooked rice in olive oil until slightly toasted, just a minute or two. Sautéing the uncooked rice is a key step in making homemade Mexican rice, so make sure not to skip this step. It prevents the rice from being too starchy and sticky.
- Add chicken broth, drained canned tomatoes, and drained and rinsed black beans to the pan along with seasonings. Bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook covered for about twenty minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Once you remove the lid, you have this delicious mixture of rice and bean goodness. The rice will really soak up the seasoning, so make sure to taste at this point and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Recover and let the dish stand for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Garnish with fresh tomatoes and green onions. Finish the chicken burrito bowl with fresh guacamole and sour cream.
- Try sautéing diced bell peppers or jalapeños along with onions.
- Mix in frozen corn in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Substitute ground beef or ground turkey for chicken.
- Skip the cheese for a lighter version.
In short, This one-pan chicken burrito bowl recipe is a quick, easy, and delicious meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s a well-balanced dish that is packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family. Give it a try tonight and see for yourself how delicious and easy it is!