Mediterranean cuisine is known for its vibrant flavors and use of fresh, wholesome ingredients. If you’re a seafood lover looking to explore the flavors of the Mediterranean, then you’re in for a treat! In this blog post, we’re going to be talking about a classic Mediterranean dish that’s sure to please any seafood lover: Mediterranean Baked Fish.
This dish is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy fresh fish, cooked to perfection with a variety of Mediterranean herbs and spices. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or hosting a dinner party, this dish is a great option that’s sure to impress your guests.
The beauty of Mediterranean Baked Fish lies in its versatility. You can use any type of fresh fish you like, from cod to sea bass, and the dish will turn out delicious every time. Plus, the herbs and spices used in the recipe are easily adjustable to suit your personal taste preferences.
In this blog post, we’ll be sharing a tried and true recipe for Mediterranean Baked Fish, along with some tips and tricks for cooking fish perfectly every time. So, let’s get started and dive into the world of Mediterranean cuisine!
How to Make Mediterranean Baked Fish
Course: Dinner, Main Course, Main Dish
Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
Keywords: Baked Fish, Baked fish recipe, Oven Baked fish
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 178 kcal
INGREDIENTS OF MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups baby tomatoes whole
- 4 Pieces of Haddock fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- -1 cup Mezzetta Olives a variety of your choice or just one type
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta sliced jalapeños
- 2 teaspoons Mezzetta capers drained
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the baking dish with the olive oil in the oven to preheat for 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime season your fish with salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Once the pan is preheated, immediately add in the garlic slices, half of the thyme sprigs, tomatoes, fish fillets, and Mezzetta olives.
- They will sizzle slightly and the aromas will begin to infuse.
- Continue by topping the fish with Mezzetta sliced jalapeños and capers.
- Drop the oven to 375 degrees and bake the fish for 15-18 minutes depending on the size of your fillets.
- If you want a charred look to your fish, switch to broil after 15 minutes of baking and broil for 2 minutes.
- Once the fish is ready, take the flavorful olive oil around the fish and drizzle it over the fish.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh thyme sprigs and enjoy!
MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH RECIPE’S NOTES
- Preheat the baking dish for quicker cooking.
- Infuse flavors in your fish and baking dish by using quality products such as Mezzetta!
- Start off the fish at a high temperature and then drop the temperature to ensure the fish cooks all the way through and remains moist.
- If you want to melt in your mouth fish, cover the dish with foil. However, you won’t have a crispy texture.
- Once the fish is out, drizzle the flavor-packed olive oil over the fish and serve with crusty bread!
- To prepare the dish in advance, you’ll need to assemble everything (without preheating the pan) and place it in the fridge until ready to bake.
- Bake the pan for an extra 10 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON MEDITERRANEAN BAKED FISH
Calories 178 | Calories from Fat 162 | Fat 18g | Saturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 1mg | Sodium 183mg | Potassium 168mg | Carbohydrates 4g | Fiber 1g | Sugar 2g | Protein 1g | Vitamin A 671IU | Vitamin C 18mg | Calcium 17mg | Iron 1mg