Are you a fan of classic comfort foods but don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen? Then you’ll love this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup! This hearty and delicious soup is a perfect way to warm up on a chilly day, and it’s made in just a fraction of the time it would take to make a traditional pot pie.
Using an Instant Pot to make this recipe means you can have dinner on the table in under an hour, and the best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make. Simply sauté some vegetables, add chicken, broth, and a few other key ingredients, and let the Instant Pot do its thing. In no time at all, you’ll have a piping hot bowl of soup that’s packed with flavor and sure to satisfy your cravings.
But just because this soup is quick and easy to make doesn’t mean it lacks in flavor. The creamy broth is filled with tender chunks of chicken, hearty vegetables, and just the right amount of seasoning. And if you’re a fan of traditional pot pies, you’ll love the addition of a flaky pastry crust on top of each bowl of soup.
So if you’re looking for a cozy and delicious meal that won’t keep you in the kitchen all day, give this Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup a try!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
TOTAL YIELD: 4
SERVING SIZE: 1
INGREDIENTS OF INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons parsley for garnish
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
INSTRUCTION FOR MAKING DELICIOUS INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- Cut the cauliflower head in half. Cut one half into florets. Set aside.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until the screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrot, celery, cauliflower florets, half of the cauliflower head, and broth.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press the PRESSURE COOK button.
- Adjust the timer to 7 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove the half of cauliflower head from the Instant Pot.
- Add it to the blender along with almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the cauliflower mixture into the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the chopped fresh parsley and serve.