Honey mustard chicken salad with bacon and avocado – Are you looking for a delicious and healthy salad recipe that’s packed with flavor? If so, then you’re in luck! Today, I’ll show you a mouth-watering honey mustard chicken salad with bacon and avocado that I ever made. This salad will leave your taste buds craving more.
This salad is perfect for those who want to enjoy a hearty meal without sacrificing nutrition. The combination of protein-packed chicken, crispy bacon, creamy avocado, and fresh greens makes for a well-balanced dish that will keep you satisfied all day.
One of the best things about this salad is its dressing – made with honey, mustard, and olive oil, it adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish without adding unnecessary calories or fat. Plus, it’s super easy to make!
To top it off, this salad is also incredibly versatile. You can add any additional ingredients you like, such as cherry tomatoes, cucumber, or roasted sweet potato, to suit your personal taste.
So what are you waiting for? Give this honey mustard chicken salad with bacon and avocado a try and see how it quickly becomes your new favorite go-to meal!
How to Make Delicious Honey Mustard Chicken Salad With Bacon and Avocado
Honey mustard chicken salad with bacon, avocado, and a crazy good 5 ingredient dressing that doubles as a marinade!
|Prep: 10 minutes||Cook: 15 minutes|
|Total: 25 minutes||Serves: 4 people|
Dressing / Marinade:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), (OPTIONAL — to cut through the sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 of red onion, sliced
- Whisk marinade/dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear/grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy, and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water from being released.) Once the chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe the pan over with a paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips, and chicken.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade/dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional).
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 4375IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2.3mg