Looking for a satisfying and flavorful meal that offers both taste and nutrition? Look no further than Hearty Hamburger Soup! This recipe is the perfect combination of delicious flavors and wholesome ingredients that will keep you feeling full and energized.
Loaded with lean ground beef, plenty of vegetables, and savory broth, this soup is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for a healthy diet. It’s a great way to get all the benefits of a nutritious meal without sacrificing taste.
The flavors in Hearty Hamburger Soup are simply irresistible, with the umami-rich beef, sweet carrots, and tangy tomato paste all coming together to create a perfect balance of taste. And the best part is that this recipe is super easy to make in just one pot, making it a convenient choice for lunch.
So why not try making Hearty Hamburger Soup for your next meal? It’s a delicious and nourishing dish that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
How to Make Healthy and Hearty Hamburger Soup
Satisfy your craving for a lunchtime hamburger with a paleo soup that has the same flavors and is better for weight loss.
This easy recipe for hearty hamburger soup combines pantry staples, ground beef, and seasonings into one delicious meal.
Plus, the recipe calls for tomatoes and tomato paste. They’re a source of potassium, a mineral that’s involved in healthy blood pressure regulation, so eating tomatoes may help boost heart health (Source).
Ingredients of Hearty Hamburger Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1–28 oz can dice tomatoes with juice
- 1– 6 oz can tomato paste
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup banana peppers and 1/2 cup of the juice that it comes in
- 1– 12 oz bag of green beans (frozen, fresh or canned)
Instructions for Making Hearty Hamburger Soup
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat the olive oil in a 5- or 6-quart Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 2 minutes. Add the beef and cook until brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the bag of green beans to the beef and combine together with a spoon.
- Add the broth, canned tomatoes (with liquid), tomato paste, banana peppers and juice, onion salt, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the green beans are very tender 30 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and enjoy!
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the tablespoon olive oil and the ground beef along with the garlic and onion. Cook until the meat is browned and onion is translucent, 2 minutes.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and add the broth, canned tomatoes (with liquid), tomato paste, banana peppers and juice, onion salt, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Divide among bowls and enjoy!
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set it to sauté and allow time to heat up
- Add 1 tbsp ghee and place the minced garlic, onions, and hamburger meat, around 3-4 minutes
- Turn the settings on the instant pot to high pressure. Once this setting is on, add the rest of the ingredients for the soup.
- Lock the lid making sure the top vent is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is over, do a quick release to remove the pressure.
- Stir together with a wooden spoon and divide among bowls and enjoy!
Hearty Hamburger Soup Recipe’s Notes
- Compliant banana peppers can be a little harder to find. You can find compliant peppers at Whole Foods, Thrive Market, and other health food stores. Always make sure to read the instructions.
- Store soup in a glass container and store it in the fridge for up to one week and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts of Hearty Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories Per Serving: 241 | Total Fat 5.8g | Cholesterol 67.8mg | Sodium 771.4mg | Total Carbohydrate 18.6g | Dietary Fiber 6.1g | Sugars 9.4g | Protein 30.8g