Are you a fan of spicy and smoky flavors? Then you’ll love this Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tenders recipe! Made with simple ingredients and packed with bold flavors, these chicken tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a fun BBQ with friends and family.
The recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken tenders marinated in a zesty mixture of chipotle peppers, garlic, lime juice, and a few other spices. The chicken is then grilled to perfection, resulting in juicy and tender meat with a deliciously charred exterior. You can enjoy these chicken tenders as is or serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for an extra kick of flavor. So fire up the grill and get ready to indulge in this mouthwatering dish!
Ingredients for the Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tenders
To make the grilled chipotle chicken tenders, you need the following ingredients:
For the spicy slaw
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mashed canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (use the soft chiles)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cups finely sliced cabbage, a combination of green and purple
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet yellow onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, ribs, and seeds removed, minced (pickled jalapeños are good too)
For the chicken tenders
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast tenders
- Vegetable cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (soft) mashed, canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Instructions for Making the Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tenders
To prepare the slaw
- In a 2-cup measuring cup with a spout, combine the lime juice, orange juice, salt, mayonnaise, mashed chipotles, and honey. Whisk until combined. In a large mixing bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, onion, and jalapeño pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the cabbage and toss to combine. Set aside while preparing the chicken.
- In the same measuring cup used for the slaw dressing, combine 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon mashed chipotle chiles, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice. Stir or whisk to combine and set aside.
To prepare the chicken
- Preheat the grill to high. Clean the grates with a grill brush. Grease the grates with paper towels soaked in vegetable oil.
- Lightly spray the chicken tenders on both sides with vegetable cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken tenders on the preheated grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a large bowl and immediately toss it with the prepared mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve immediately with the slaw garnished with parsley.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 834mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 3216IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg
FAQs of Grilled Chipotle Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Can I use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders for this recipe? Absolutely! You can use chicken breast instead of chicken tenders if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I use regular paprika instead of smoked paprika? While smoked paprika adds a unique and delicious smoky flavor to this recipe, you can certainly use regular paprika if that’s all you have on hand.
- How long should I marinate the chicken? We recommend marinating the chicken tenders for at least 30 minutes, but you can marinate them for up to 24 hours for even more flavor.
- Can I make the Spicy Slaw ahead of time? Yes, you can make the Spicy Slaw up to 24 hours in advance. Just store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- What are some recommended side dishes to serve with this recipe? This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as grilled vegetables, rice, or roasted potatoes. You can also serve it with warm tortillas for a delicious taco night!