Creamy Shrimp Skillet With Tomato And Greens: If you’re in the mood for a delicious and easy-to-make seafood dish that’s perfect for any occasion, look no further than this creamy shrimp skillet with greens and tomato. This dish is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
The creamy sauce is the star of the show, made with a combination of cream, butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese. This rich and indulgent sauce perfectly complements the tender shrimp and adds a depth of flavor that will have you coming back for seconds.
The greens and tomatoes in this recipe not only add color and texture to the dish but also provide a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. The greens used in this recipe can be spinach, kale, or any other leafy green that you prefer. The tomatoes are cooked until they burst, releasing their sweet and tangy flavor, which pairs perfectly with the creamy sauce.
This dish can be served over rice, pasta, or with a crusty baguette for sopping up the delicious sauce. It’s also a versatile dish that can be customized to suit your taste preferences. If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce. Alternatively, if you’re looking for a milder flavor, you can omit the garlic or reduce the amount of parmesan cheese.
How to Make Creamy Shrimp Skillet With Greens And Tomato
|Course: Dinner||Cuisine: American||Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
|Total Time: 20 minutes||Servings: 3servings||Calories: 361kcal|
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g large prawns/shrimp shelled and deveined weight
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 shallots peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g young chard or spinach washed
- 150 g crème fraîche or thick sour cream
- 50 g pecorino cheese freshly grated; or use parmesan
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes in oil smoked if possible
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley or basil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wide skillet over medium flame. Add the prepared prawns/shrimp and cook until just pink. Spoon them onto a dish and cover.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, adding the garlic and shallots. Sauté for three minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chard or spinach and cook until wilted down. Bring up the heat to drive off some of the liquid – about one minute.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the crème fraîche, cheese, and nutmeg, and stir. Once the sauce is bubbling at the edges tip in the fresh tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes, letting them heat through.
- Once the sauce is hot add the cooked prawns, herbs, and lemon juice. Stir, seasoning with a little salt and pepper if you wish. Eat immediately.
- Use either fresh prawns/shrimp or frozen, defrosting the latter before cooking. Frozen is almost always cheaper. Although the large prawns are best here, do use medium prawns, or even scallops, if these are easier for you to get.
- Serving suggestion: pair with angel hair pasta, linguine, low-carb shirataki noodles, or cauliflower rice. Or why not a combination of zucchini noodles and pasta?
- Vegan and vegetarian options: in place of the prawns, use sauteed tofu, tempeh, or portabello mushrooms. For the creamy element, use your favorite vegan crème fraîche and vegan hard Italian-style cheese. Or use nutritional yeast instead of cheese.