Welcome to our culinary journey! Today, we are thrilled to share with you a tantalizing recipe that will undoubtedly please your taste buds and impress your loved ones. Get ready to indulge in the exquisite flavors of our Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms. This dish combines the delicate succulence of shrimp with the earthy richness of mushrooms, all brought together in a luscious creamy sauce that coats every strand of pasta.
Imagine the aroma that fills your kitchen as plump, juicy shrimp sizzle in a skillet alongside aromatic mushrooms, infusing the air with their irresistible fragrance. As you take your first bite, you’ll be greeted by perfectly cooked al dente pasta, generously coated in a velvety, creamy sauce that effortlessly blends the natural sweetness of the shrimp and the earthy notes of the mushrooms.
But the beauty of this recipe lies not only in its extraordinary flavors but also in its simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients and a few easy steps, you’ll be able to create a restaurant-quality dish in the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms will surely become a go-to recipe in your repertoire.
So, tie your apron, grab your cooking utensils, and let’s embark on this delectable culinary adventure together. Get ready to delight your senses and enjoy a truly unforgettable dining experience!
How to Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms
Creamy Shrimp Pasta with Mushrooms in a homemade alfredo sauce. The creamy pasta sauce is made with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, paprika.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
COURSE: Main Course
CUISINE: American, Italian
SERVINGS: 4 servings
CALORIES PER SERVING: 571 kcal
INGREDIENTS OF CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (for gluten free version, use gluten free brown rice pasta)
- ½ cup cooked pasta water (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (10 big shrimp or 20 small shrimp without shells, deveined)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain. Reserve some of the pasta water.
How to cook shrimp
- Heat a large skillet until hot – add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat.
- Flip the shrimp to the other side. Sprinkle the top of the cooked side of shrimp with dry basil, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until shrimp is pink on both sides.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet. If shrimp is a little undercooked – it’s OK because you will continue cooking it in the sauce.
How to cook mushrooms
- To the same, now empty, skillet, add sliced mushrooms. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt midway through cooking.
How to make creamy sauce
- To the skillet with mushrooms, add cooked shrimp. Immediately add 1 cup half-and-half. Bring to boil.
- Add half the cheese (½ cup). Bring to boil, and immediately reduce to medium-simmer. Cook, constantly stirring, until the cheese melts.
- Gradually start adding the remaining cheese (½ cup), while stirring. Do not add all of the remaining ½ cup of cheese at once. Add just enough for the sauce to get creamy without getting too thick. You might not use all of the remaining cheese.
- Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Add cooked and drained pasta from step 1 to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce. Reheat on medium heat. Stir well.
- If the cream sauce is too thick and you want it thinner – add some pasta water in small amounts to the cream sauce (while the sauce is simmering on low-medium heat) until you reach desired consistency.
- Season with more salt and add more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.
CREAMY SHRIMP PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE’S NOTES
What is half-and-half?
Here is what to do to substitute for 1 cup of half-and-half: combine ½ cup milk and ½ cup heavy cream.