As a foodie with a passion for creating and experimenting with delicious and easy-to-make recipes, I am excited to share with you one of my personal favorites: the 20-Minute Creamy Parmesan Dijon Skillet Chicken.
Do you ever find yourself short on time but still craving a hearty and flavorful meal? This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something delicious but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. With just a few simple ingredients and a skillet, you can have a restaurant-quality dish ready in no time.
But what makes this dish truly special is the combination of creamy Parmesan cheese and tangy Dijon mustard. The flavors blend perfectly together, creating a savory and satisfying sauce that will have your taste buds singing.
So, are you ready to impress your family and friends with a quick and easy gourmet meal? Let’s get started!
How to Make Creamy Creamy Parmesan Dijon Skillet Chicken in 20 Minutes
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this delicious, quick, and easy-to-make chicken recipe:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.75 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 2 teaspoons 21 Salute Seasoning or poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*, or as needed (chicken or vegetable stock may be substituted, see Notes)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 cup half-and-half* (see Notes)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided; or to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet (use stainless steel or seasoned cast iron if you have it), add the oil, and chicken breasts, evenly season with 21 Salute or poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper, and allow the chicken to sear over medium-high heat for about 5-7 minutes on the first side. Do not touch, move, or disturb the chicken while it is searing.
- Flip chicken over and sear on the second side for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. It should have a medium golden color. For thicker/bigger chicken breasts, sear for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spatula and place it on a plate to rest.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, and using caution, deglaze your skillet by adding wine (or broth) and allow the liquid to bubble up and steam violently for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and allow it to cook for about 1 minute; stir continuously.
- Add the half-and-half, Dijon mustard, and whisk to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir to combine until the cheese has melted.
- Turn the heat off, add the chicken back into the skillet, flip it around in the cream sauce, and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan over the chicken.
- Optionally garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
- I recommend white wine because I think the flavor is better than with chicken broth, and I personally believe that the alcohol burns off, and what you’re left with is the flavor imparted by the wine. However, use broth if that is a better option for your lifestyle or needs.
- 2. Half-and-half is a mixture of heavy cream and whole milk and in my opinion is perfect for this recipe. You could try using solely heavy cream or solely whole milk but the sauce may be too thick/too thin but it’s my personal preference.
- Storage: Chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Unsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 1961mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 16g