There are few dishes that bring me as much joy as a perfectly executed creamy lemon parmesan chicken piccata. This classic recipe combines tender chicken breasts, creamy parmesan sauce, and zesty lemon flavor for a truly unforgettable dining experience.
To create the perfect base for this dish, it’s important to choose high-quality chicken breasts that are both tender and juicy. I recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts and seasoning them with a simple mixture of salt and pepper before cooking.
You’ve got to try this unbelievably delicious creamy lemon parmesan chicken! It’s no surprise that it’s a fan-favorite among our readers. This dish is truly out of this world!
How to Make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
TOTAL: 30 MINS
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
To make this delicious and creamy chicken recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients.
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose or plain)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter (or oil)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (stock)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers (plus 2 tablespoons extra to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice — juice of 1 lemon (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the butter has melted and the pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side and cooked through and no longer pink (about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
- Add the garlic to the oil in the pan (spray with a light coating of oil if needed) and fry until fragrant (about 1 minute). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, and add the broth and cream.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and capers. Continue cooking gently for about 2 minutes until thicker. (If the sauce is too runny for your liking, add the cornstarch/water mixture into the center of the pan and mix through fast to combine into the sauce. It will begin to thicken immediately).
- Pour in the lemon juice, and allow to simmer for a further minute to combine. Add the chicken back into the pan, and allow to simmer gently in the sauce for about a minute to soak up all of the flavors in the sauce.
- Serve with the sauce over pasta, steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles, or rice. Top with extra capers to garnish, lemon slices, and parsley.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 933mg | Potassium: 359mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 0.9mg