If you’re a fan of classic Italian dishes, you’re going to love Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala. This delicious meal is a variation of the traditional Chicken Marsala recipe, with the addition of a rich and creamy sauce that takes this dish to the next level.
The crock pot method allows the chicken to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in tender and juicy meat that is bursting with flavor. The addition of mushrooms and a creamy sauce made with Marsala wine adds depth and complexity to the dish, making it a true standout.
And the best part? This recipe is incredibly easy to make. Simply toss all the ingredients in the crock pot, set it on low, and let it cook for a few hours. The end result is a dish that looks and tastes like it took hours to prepare, but in reality, required very little effort.
Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala is a perfect meal for busy weeknights or for entertaining guests. Serve it over pasta or with a side of steamed vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal. So why not give this delicious and easy recipe a try? Your taste buds (and your dinner guests) will thank you!
How to Make Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Marsala
Prepare a creamy and delicious Chicken Marsala studded with mushrooms in your slow cooker! You’ll be surprised at how easy this recipe is, yet it yields a restaurant-quality dish that you can make right in the comfort of your own kitchen.
|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 4 hrs||Total Time: 4 hrs 10 mins||Servings: 6 serves|
INGREDIENTS OF CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN MARSALA
- 6 (1.5 to 2 pounds, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN MARSALA
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts all around with garlic powder, dried basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes per side or until just browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with mushrooms and garlic.
- Return the skillet over medium-high heat and add the marsala wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the wine over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Close with a lid and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a mug or a small mixing bowl and whisk until incorporated; then, whisk the slurry into the wine sauce.
- Add heavy cream to the wine sauce and whisk until combined. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust accordingly.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker; cover with a lid and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened. For a creamier texture, add more heavy cream.
- Transfer chicken from slow cooker to plates; top with mushroom sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN MARSALA RECIPE’S NOTES
- If you don’t have time to brown the chicken breasts, you don’t have to, but it does help with the overall flavor.
- Try to use Dry Marsala Wine. Sweet Marsala Wine is for desserts. If you don’t want to use wine, you can use low-sodium chicken broth instead. I would also recommend chicken broth for those that are watching their calories, and carbs, and/or are on a Keto diet.
- If you don’t have Marsala Wine, you can use Sherry, Madeira, Dry White Wine, or Port. Please keep in mind that using anything other than Dry Marsala Wine will alter the overall classic flavor.
- Check for doneness: For perfectly cooked chicken breasts, use an Instant Read Thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken is cooked through when the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated for up to 4 days.
NUTRITION INFORMATION ON CREAMY CROCK POT CHICKEN MARSALA
Calories: 281 kcal | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Protein: 26 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 86 mg | Sodium: 143 mg | Potassium: 595 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 180 IU | Vitamin C: 2.6 mg | Calcium: 25 mg | Iron: 1.1 mg | Net Carbs: 12 g