Looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than this buffalo chickpea stuffed sweet potatoes recipe! Packed with flavor and loaded with nutrients, this recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your taste buds while also fueling your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy. Whether you’re a vegan, a vegetarian, or just looking for a healthier way to eat, this recipe is sure to impress. So why wait? Read on to learn how to make this mouthwatering dish and discover all the benefits it has to offer!
Why does this Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe Stand Out?
There are several reasons why this buffalo chickpea stuffed sweet potato recipe stands out from the rest.
Firstly, this recipe is the perfect combination of flavors that are both spicy and sweet, making it a great choice for those who want to satisfy their taste buds. The smoky and savory flavors of the chickpea mixture are perfectly balanced by the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
Secondly, this recipe is very easy to prepare and requires only a handful of ingredients that are easy to find in any grocery store. It is a great option for anyone who wants to create a delicious and healthy meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Thirdly, this recipe is packed with nutrients that are important for overall health and well-being. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, while chickpeas are a great source of protein, fiber, and folate. By combining these two ingredients, you’ll have a nutrient-dense meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Lastly, this recipe can be customized to suit individual preferences. You can adjust the level of spiciness to your liking by adding more or less hot sauce, and you can also add other toppings such as avocado, salsa, or cilantro to make it even more delicious. Overall, this buffalo chickpea stuffed sweet potato recipe is a great option for anyone who wants to create a tasty and healthy meal that is sure to impress.
How to Make Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This recipe is the perfect combination of flavors and is sure to satisfy your taste buds. With the added benefits of chickpeas and sweet potatoes, you’ll also be getting a healthy dose of nutrients. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps to create this mouthwatering dish and provide tips and tricks to make it the best it can be.
Cook time: 30 MINS
Total time: 40 MINUTES
Yield: 4 1X
Category: MAIN DISH
For the Buffalo Chickpeas
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or approx. 2 cups or 360 grams cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
For the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 package (150 g) of soft tofu (see notes for substitution)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional: 2 tbsp of fresh chopped dill, chives, or parsley
For the Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 small to medium-sized baked sweet potato per person (or half a medium to large-sized)
- 1/4 of an avocado per person
- chopped green onion, for topping
- If you don’t have cooked sweet potatoes on hand, bake those now. You will need up to 50 minutes, depending on their size. Find complete instructions on baking sweet potatoes here.
- Place the rinsed and drained chickpeas in a bowl and mix with 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, olive, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook in a pan until they start to thicken and almost caramelize. This should take about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. As you stir, mash some of them up to create some texture
- Once they’re done, mix in the extra 1 tbsp of buffalo sauce.
To Make the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the herbs, if you’re using them) to a food processor or high-speed blender, or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth and creamy. I like using the single-server portion of my Ninja Blender for this.
- Add additional water if desired to adjust the consistency.
- If you’re adding fresh dill or parsley, stir them in once it’s blended.
To Assemble the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- If using halved baked sweet potatoes, place 1-2 halves in a bowl or on a plate. If using whole sweet potatoes, cut the sweet potato in half and open it up a bit so you can add the rest of the ingredients, and place it in a bowl or on a plate.
- Add a scoop of chickpeas, sliced avocado, chopped green onion, and a drizzle of vegan ranch dressing.
I haven’t tried making the chickpeas without the olive oil but if you prefer, I think it would be okay to leave it out if you want the recipe to be oil-free.
As an alternative to soft tofu, you can use raw cashews to make the vegan ranch dressing. Use a 1/3 cup raw cashew blender with 2 tbsp of water to replace the 1/2 a package of tofu. The rest of the ingredients can stay the same except you may need to adjust the water a bit to reach the right consistency. For best results and the smoothest dressing, soak the cashews for at least a few hours and drain before using.