If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer or snack that’s packed with flavor, look no further than this 20-minute Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer recipe. With crispy shrimp coated in a creamy and spicy sauce, this dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to make this delicious recipe from scratch.
How to Make Perfect Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer
The ingredients in bang bang shrimp are fairly simple. The shrimp is coated in panko and cornstarch breading to give it a crunch and dipped in a homemade bang bang sauce. Everything you need to make air fryer shrimp at home can easily be found at any major grocery store:
To make Bang Bang Shrimp in the Air Fryer, you’ll need the following ingredients:
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
COURSE: Main Coarse, Seafood
CALORIES: 537 kcal
Bang Bang Shrimp Ingredients
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce or less or more to taste
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
Bang Bang Shrimp Batter
- 1-2 lb jumbo shrimp shell off and deveined
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch *NOT FLOUR
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs more if needed
- 1 teaspoon parsley or cilantro finely chopped, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for brushing the air fryer pan and shrimp
Instructions for Making Perfect Bang Bang Shrimp Air Fryer
- In a mixing bowl, add sauce ingredients and whisk until everything is combined. Set aside. Next, preheat AIR FRYER (this is the one I have and love using!) to 400F. Grease the air fryer pan with a little bit of oil of your choice, I like to use avocado oil.
- Working in batches, coat shrimp in cornstarch, dip it in buttermilk and finally toss shrimp in bread crumbs.
- Add shrimp to the air fryer pan (make sure shrimp is not touching each other), then cover and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the shrimp on the other side and brush or spray a little bit of oil on the top, cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked thru and has a crispy texture.
- Drizzle bang bang sauce over the shrimp and garnish it with greens of your choice like parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!
How to make Bang Bang Shrimp in the Skillet?
After step #3, preheat a nonstick skillet on medium/high heat and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet.
Once the oil gets hot, add coated shrimp & cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp is cooked thru. Drizzle the sauce on the shrimp. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 537kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1375mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 3mg