Looking for a delicious and easy meal to make on a busy weeknight? Look no further than our 30-Minute Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo Recipe! With its creamy sauce, tender chicken, and succulent shrimp, this dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. And the best part? It can be made in just half an hour, making it the perfect meal for busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is both versatile and customizable. If you’re not a fan of shrimp or chicken, you can easily swap them out for other proteins, such as scallops, crab meat, or even tofu. And if you want to add some extra nutrition to the dish, you can toss in some fresh vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, or bell peppers. The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients to Make Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo in 30 Minutes
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
COURSE: Dinner, Pasta, Seafood
CUISINE: American, Italian
SERVINGS: 4 servings
CALORIES: 774 kcal
To prepare the 30-Minute Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons oil I use avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders dried with a paper towel
- 1 lb shrimp raw, peeled, deveined, and tails off
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced, more is desired
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make Perfect Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo in 30 Minutes
Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into the skillet over medium/high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked thru, transfer to a plate.
Add another 1 tablespoon of oil, once the oil is hot add shrimp season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
cooked shrimp in the skillet
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted add 5 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring nonstop. Next, add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir for 1 minute.
Slowly pour in 1/4 cup white wine and stir for 1 minute. Carefully pour in 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Continuously stirring, taste and season with salt and pepper (if needed) and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer. After the sauce starts simmering add 1 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir the sauce until the cheese melts.
Now add chicken and shrimp back to the skillet and garnish with more cheese and freshly chopped parsley. Serve over warm pasta. Enjoy!
Calories: 774kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 66g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 268mg | Sodium: 629mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2162IU |
Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 394mg
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo
- To save time, pick up shrimp that comes deveined and without the tails.
- Use any leftover chicken or shrimp already cooked ahead of time then add it to the sauce to heat through.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are prepped and ready to go to save time. Cut/slice the chicken, clean the shrimp, grate the Parmesan, etc. It’ll streamline the whole process.
- This recipe works with any long or medium pasta. Anything from fettuccine, linguine, spaghetti, or papardelle to penne, fusilli, or rigatoni.
- Since this dish is made with so few ingredients, it’s important to use as high quality as you can find!
- You can absolutely make this with a store-bought jar of Alfredo sauce if you’re in a hurry. Grate your own Parmesan It tastes much better and melts better into the sauce because it doesn’t come with the additives and preservatives the pre-shredded stuff has.
- If you’re using already cooked pasta, you can add it to the sauce at the end to warm up. Otherwise, cook it at the same time as you make the sauce, that way it’s ready to serve immediately.